Monday, October 15, 2007

Decisions are hard to make

While I really do have a ton of stuff to get rid of, I already am having trouble deciding about some items. For example when my mother died five years ago I kept her good linen tablecloths and matching napkins that she used for holiday meals. Some of them are stained, though they probably could be successfully cleaned. I haven't used any of them in those five years. I either use placemats for everyday dinners, or more casual fabric cloths when entertaining. I just don't do any fancy entertaining and usually go to some cousins or friends for holiday events. However I can't bring my to get rid of those tablecloths. They are clutter, but they are sentimental clutter. Maybe as I continue this blog I will get some clarity about how to handle these types of items.

10/15/2007-- Discarded six cookbooks I don't use. I have many more that I don't cook from, but get pleasure from browsing. More of these will have to go.

No comments: